Hardening of the OS is the act of configuring an OS securely, updating it, creating rules and policies to help govern the system in a secure manner, and removing unnecessary applications and services. This is done to minimize a computer OS’s exposure to threats and to mitigate possible risk. Procedures should be implemented at the server in order to keep the risk of a cyber-attack to a minimum.
Server Hardening Assessment Benefits
- Reduce attack surface vulnerabilities
- Properly configure OS user authentication and resource controls
- Removal of unnecessary services, applications and network protocols
- Improve patching prioritization and cadence
- Reduce memory and hard drive consumption
- Windows 2016
- Windows 2012
- Windows 2008
- Windows 2003
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
Windows Server should be given necessary privilege access to MSPKART team to perform the procedure.
*Hardening is recommended in Development environment first to verify the changes are not impacting the existing running applications.
*Given Cost is per server.